Sea Shepherd Australia Limited
A.B.N. 3812 333 9499
P.O. Box 1215 Williamstown, VIC 3016
DIRECT DEBIT REQUEST SERVICE AGREEMENT ABN: 3812 333 9499
This charter outlines our and your responsibility to ensure the smooth and secure operation of our direct debit agreement.
1. DEBITING YOUR ACCOUNT: 1.1 By signing a direct debit request, you have authorised us to arrange for funds to be debited from your account. You should refer to the direct debit request and this agreement for the terms of the arrangement between us (Sea Shepherd Australia Limited) and you. 1.2 We will only arrange for funds to be debited from your account as authorised in the direct debit request. 1.3 We assure you that we 'will not disclose your bank details to anyone else, unless you have agreed in writing that we can, or unless the law requires or allows us to do this. 1.4 Your account will be debited on or around the 15th day of each month. If the debit day falls on a day that is not a banking day, such as a weekend or public holiday, we will debit your account on the next business day.
2. CHANGES BY US: 2.1 We may vary any details of this agreement or a direct debit request at any time by giving you at least fourteen 14 days' written notice.
3. CHANGES BY YOU: 3.1 If you wish to cancel, defer or alter a debit payment you must notify us at least 7 days before the next debit day. This notice should be given to us in the first instance and be made in writing or over the phone.
4. YOUR OBLIGATIONS: 4.1 It is your responsibility to ensure that there are sufficient clear funds available in your account to allow a debit payment to be made in accordance with the direct debit request. 4.2 If there are insufficient clear funds in your account to meet a debit payment 4.2A You may be charged a fee and/or interest by your financial institution which will be reflected in your account statement. 4.3 You should check your account statement to verify that the amounts debited from your account are correct.
5.DISPUTE: 5.1 If you believe that there has been an error in debiting your account, you should notify us directly on 1 300 OCEANS (623 267) and confirm that notice in writing with us as soon as possible so that we can resolve your query quickly. 5.2 If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by arranging for your financial institution to adjust your account (including interest and charges) accordingly. We will also notify you in writing of the amount by which your account has been adjusted. 5.3 If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has not been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by providing you with reasons and any evidence for this finding. 5.4 Any queries you may have about an error made in debiting your account should be directed to us in the first instance so that we can attempt to resolve the matter between us and you. If we cannot resolve the matter you can still refer it to your financial institution which will obtain details from you of the disputed transaction and may lodge a claim on your behalf.
6. BEFORE PROVIDING USWITH YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS, PLEASE CHECK: 6A. Check with your financial institution whether direct debit is available from your account as direct debit is not available on all accounts. 6B. Check that the account details you have provided to us are correct by checking them against a recent account statement or with your financial institution. 6C. Check that all people on the account have signed this form. 6D. Please make sure that you have enough money in your nominated account to cover your payment when due. You bank or financial institution may charge a fee if the payment cannot be met. Should your drawing be returned unpaid from your financial institution, Sea Shepherd Australia will attempt to redraw within one (1) month. At this time, all monies owed will be drawn. 6E. Your bank or financial institution may charge a small fee for the direct debit arrangement. This will be reflected in your account statement.
7. CONFIDENTIALITY: 7.1 We will keep any information (including your account details) in your direct debit request confidential. 7.2 We will only disclose information that we have about you: 7.2A To the extent specifically required by law; or 7.2B For the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim). 7.2C To the Bank if such information needs to be provided in the event of a claim or with relation to an alleged incorrect or wrongful debit.
8.DEFINITIONS: Account means the account held at your financial institution from which we are authorised to arrange for funds to be debited. Agreement means this Direct Debit Request Service Agreement between you and us. Banking day means a day other than a Saturday or a Sunday or a public holiday listed throughout Australia. Debit day means the day that payment by you to us is due. Debit payment means a particular transaction where a debit is made. Direct debit request means the Direct Debit Request between us and you (and includes any Form PD-C approved for use in the transitional period). Us or we means Sea Shepherd Australia, who you have authorised to debit your account by signing a Direct Debit Request. You means the customer who signed the direct debit request. Your financial institution is the financial institution where you hold the account that you have authorised us to arrange to debit.
9. YOUR PRIVACY: Sea Shepherd Australia upholds, respects, and is committed to your privacy. The personal information you provide will remain private and will only be used for the purposes outlined here. Sea Shepherd Australia will not share, sell, lend or rent your personal Information to be used by outside parties for their own purposes without your explicit permission. We only use or disclose information about our supporters in ways they would expect. This means we only disclose information to process your donation send you information or update our records. Should we feel the need to get in touch with you regarding your pledge arrangement, we will do so by mail email or telephone. As a supporter of Sea Shepherd Australia it is your choice to be contacted by any or all of these means of correspondence. To change any aspects of our correspondence with you, please call, email or write to us at the address below.
10. NOTICE: 10.1 If you wish to notify us in writing about anything relating to this agreement, you should write to: Sea Shepherd Australia, P.O. Box 1215, WILLIAMSTOWN, VIC 3016; email@example.com; www.seashepherd.org.au
11. CONTACT US:11.1 If you have any queries about your direct debit agreement.