JOB TITLE: Communications Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Business Manager
LOCATION: Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne or Sydney
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The position of the Communications Coordinator is to coordinate fundraising and communications activities to encourage organisational growth both financially and by maximising awareness of Sea Shepherd Australia’s (SSA) mission and values.
Fundraising and communications strategy support
Support the implementation of the fundraising strategy and the development of a communications strategy.
- Develop content for SSA’s e-newsletter, website and social media platforms as well as the creation and dissemination of media responses on current issues.
- Report on communication results across existing platforms to map trends and provide guidance as to further develop SSA’s communication across these platforms.
- Coordinate the development of new marketing and promotional materials.
- Regular reporting and analysis of fundraising and communications activities.
- Assist in the development of the strategic plan for marketing and communications upholding SSA’s mission and vision.
Donor & Supporter Engagement
- Coordinate SSA’s monthly giving program –DAC – including the roll out of all communications, donor support, program reporting and analysis.
- Implement strategies to engage existing donors and encourage new donors using Sea Shepherd’s existing communications channels.
- Support the Business Manager and the Outreach Coordinator to execute national events.
- Tertiary marketing qualifications
- 2-3 years experience in marketing and communications
- Direct marketing experience
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Strong administrative and database skills preferably in Raisers Edge
This rare job opportunity may be based in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth or Sydney..
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be considered in confidence.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE