Recruiting: Head of Media
Monday, 09 Jan, 2023
FTE Classification: full-time
Location: This role is location agnostic and can be 100% remote within Australia. For hybrid working, offices are currently available in Melbourne and Perth
Application Closing Date: 8:00 PM AEDT, 3rd Feb 2023
An opportunity has arisen for a Head Of Media to join the Sea Shepherd Australia team. The Head of Media is responsible for the development of strategy, ideation and development of creative ideas and assets to meet Sea Shepherd Australia’s client briefs that will support the achievement of brand awareness, fund raising and overall SSA business objectives.
As the Head of Media, you will need a proven track record in developing communication strategies and initiatives, and driving multi-channel marketing programmes.
You will need to apply strong, inspirational leadership skills to manage and motivate the media team to deliver strong story-telling, digital marketing activities, campaigns, and collaborations, and build customer engagement to increase brand awareness and drive sales.
The role will require working closely with the existing media team. You will have a good working knowledge in digital, design, eCommerce, social media, copywriting, and PR, ensuring all marketing campaigns are in alignment with the core brand message.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS THE HEAD OF MEDIA:
- Engage with internal stakeholders and aligning with Sea Shepherd Global strategy, design, implement and evaluate a marketing strategy that reflects key conservation messages for market segments and reflects the values of Sea Shepherd Australia.
- Develop and maintaining a customer and stakeholder analysis that identifies target groups (for example, government, scientific bodies, potential sponsors, general supporter base), their current needs and interests and relevant creative content tailored for each group.
- Work with the Managing Director of Sea Shepherd Australia and other senior Sea Shepherd Australia staff and Sea Shepherd Global to successfully create and design stories, messaging and materials that are aligned to the Sea Shepherd Australia strategy, integrated with Sea Shepherd Global plans, meet stakeholder expectations, are creatively excellent, enhance the Sea Shepherd Australia brand and achieve fundraising outcomes.
- Focus on growing audiences and the uptake for products and services
- In collaboration with the Managing Director of Sea Shepherd Australia, execute creative solutions across campaign assets ensure consistency in messaging, and successful global distribution of creative content executing across digital, social, print, TV, radio and OOH (out-of-home) channels
- Work with the Managing Director Sea Shepherd Australia, engage with major sponsors and external stakeholders to influence and win support for Sea Shepherd Australia business initiatives, including fundraising goals.
- Partner with senior Sea Shepherd Australia and Sea Shepherd Global staff to design and finalise creative briefs
- Develop creative campaign ideas, concepts and insights that deliver on the key business and brand outcomes identified in creative briefs.
- Present ideas and proposals to Managing Director Sea Shepherd Australia and other senior managers to articulate the vision and stated objectives for the initiative including identifying lead generation targets, working collaboratively with senior managers to drive campaign outcomes.
- Monitor competitor creative activity and latest trends, and make evidence-based recommendations for consideration by senior managers ensuring Sea Shepherd Australia creative campaigns are developed utilising the most current techniques, technologies, and channels, and represent
- Mentor and lead the Communications Team, articulating the importance of brand consistency and adherence to Sea Shepherd Australia values and standards.
- Lead reviews of campaigns, strategy and design and marketing processes to drive improvements in streamlined approaches, ensuring integration of global and national initiatives and to ensure marketing and creative activities represent value in contributing to Sea Shepherd Australia business outcomes
- A sound understanding of Google Analytics
- A sound understanding of e-commerce digital marketing or the interest in upskilling in this area
- Working with videographers to develop high end video content
- Managing a database of volunteer videographers and photographers around Australia
- Overseeing the management of the asset database
- Proactive media and PR plans, inc. risk analysis and risk management
- Management of the platforms we use and why. Driving strategy and instigating change where necessary
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise
- Exceptional writing skills.
YOU WILL HAVE:
- Qualifications in a relevant field
- Prior experience in a similar strategic, senior role
- Demonstrated experience proactively managing relationships with senior managers and stakeholders
- Thorough commitment to the issue of Marine Conservation and Sea Shepherd’s work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in photography, videography, film and audio editing.
- Knowledge in digital marketing strategy.
- Highly organised, with the ability to self-manage, prioritise projects, and work under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
- A high level of enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Ability to perform under pressure and work to campaign deadlines.
- Commitment to the objectives of the organisation.
LIFE AT SEA SHEPHERD AUSTRALIA
- Our friendly and supportive team will facilitate a great working environment – we are flexible with working hours, working from home, and outcome driven projects.
- Our team is geographically spread across Australia, and we pride ourselves on our remote-first culture. Our team members enjoy additional paid days off on their birthday and to volunteer to causes aligned to the organisation's campaigns.
- We are a passionate and values-driven bunch who value diversity, inclusion and kindness. Our collective passion for the ocean and plant unites us and inspires us to create campaigns with impact.
Please direct any questions to Chiara at email@example.com using the subject line: Head of Media - Enquiry
To apply, submit a copy of your resume and a cover letter explaining why this is the role for you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can deliver results, please still apply send us your resume.
If this role isn't for you but you’d love to be in the Sea Shepherd family one day, lodge your expression of interest here.
No recruitment agencies.