Recruiting: HR Business partner
Thursday, 18 Aug, 2022
FTE Classification: Part-time
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
About Sea Shepherd Australia:
Sea Shepherd Australia is a non-profit marine conservation organisation, that campaigns to defend, conserve and protect the ocean. Our mission is to protect defenceless marine wildlife and end the destruction of habitat in the world’s oceans. By safeguarding the biodiversity of our delicately balanced oceanic ecosystems, Sea Shepherd Australia works to ensure their survival for future generations.
Sea Shepherd sees the key threats to ocean to be, Plastic Pollution, Illegal Fishing, Climate Change, and threats to vulnerable and endangered species. We have campaigns for each of these threats, supported by our specialist teams.
About the role:
An opportunity has arisen for a part-time HR manager to join the team in our Williamstown office. This brand-new role is internally focused, and is a true HR generalist position. The role is responsible for designing and implementing efficient and impactful HR projects to support the entire employee life cycle. Whilst this is a part time role, as the business grows there is scope for the role to be full-time if the candidate requires.
This is a diverse role, with strategic and administrative hats often being worn simultaneously. There will be autonomy to manage the HR function independently, yet be supported by the Managing Director and Executive Officer.
This role will set the tone for the internal culture, and it’s imperative that the HR Manager can bring our organisation’s values to life everyday.
What you’ll do as our HR Supervisor:
- Recruit and onboard superstars who are the perfect fit for Sea Shepherd Australia
- Help us build a world-class organisation by developing, standardising, maintaining and driving continuous improvement of the HR function
- Proactively address ideas, issues, concerns and feedback from team members
- Design HR programs which are fit-for-purpose and enhance the employee experience
- Ensure HR compliance is always 100%, removing people related risk for the organisation
- Coach team members so they can get the most from their roles and their work relationships
Who you are:
- You are a qualified HR practitioner and have at least 6 years of professional work experience in the field
- You have excellent people skills along with strong verbal and written communication
- You are comfortable managing all aspects of HR
- You have a hands on a people-focused approach
- You are a fast learner and able to pick up new technologies
- You currently have, or are willing to gain knowledge and understanding of current marine environmental issues and Sea Shepherd campaigns
Life at Sea Shepherd
Our friendly and supportive team create a great working environment – we are flexible with working hours and location, as long as the role outcomes are delivered on!
Sea Shepherd values the health and wellbeing of our staff above all else. We pride ourselves in being an inclusive and flexible workplace. Our team members also enjoy paid days off to volunteer to causes aligned to ocean conservation.
To apply, submit a copy of your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us why you’re perfect for this role!
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can deliver results, please still send us your resume. If this role isn't for you but you’d love to be in the Sea Shepherd family one day, lodge your expression of interest here.
No recruitment agencies.